Image Map

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

2013 In Review

I thought it would be fun to participate in this 2013 in Review! So here we go...
http://nicoleandkevin.wordpress.com/


What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before? I traveled to several states I'd never been before- Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia

Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make one, and probably won't. 

Did anyone close to you give birth? Several of my friends!
Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully no

What countries did you visit? Um.... none!

What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013? Nothing!

What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory? Mother's Day- the day I found out I was pregnant with baby #3

What was your biggest achievement of the year? My goals are live in a way that pleases my Lord and be the best wife and mom that I can.

What was your biggest failure? I don't have an answer for this one

Did you suffer illness or injury? I had a few colds and sickness, but nothing too major

What was the best thing you bought? I really don't know the answer to this.

Whose behavior merited celebration? Gus was potty trained!

Where did most of your money go? HAH! Formula, diapers, food.

What did you get really, really, really excited about? Having another baby, and each time hearing his heartbeat and knowing he's ok

What song will always remind you of 2013? I don't know! Most of the time I'm listening to "Wheels on the Bus" or something like that.

Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Same! Thinner or fatter? Fatter :) (pregnant!)
Richer or poorer? Same- my wealth is my family :)

What do you wish you’d done more of? Slept?? I don't really have an answer!

What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry

How will you be spending Christmas? With people I love

Did you fall in love in 2013? With our new baby even though I haven't held him yet

Who were your best friends? My husband

What thing did you do that was meaningful to others? I hope there were several things. I always am trying to be a good wife, mom and friend and do things for the people I care about.

What were your favorite TV programs? I like watching The Good Wife, The Big Bang Theory, Football, Pioneer Woman, Top Chef, Million Dollar Listing LA, this list could be long....

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? We shouldn't hate others

What was the best book you read in 2013? I honestly only have read like 2 books this year. I really enjoyed Sparkly Green Earrings.

What was your greatest musical discovery? I really enjoy Lady Antebellum and Kat Edmundson.

What did you want and get? Oh that would be a lot. I'm very blessed and spoiled.

What did you want but did NOT get? I can't really think of anything.

What was your favorite film of this year? I really liked Skyfall. I think it came out last year but I didn't see it until this year.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was home on my birthday, but my sister and mom came to visit and celebrate with me the weekend before. I enjoyed a day with my family. It was a big birthday- I turned 30- sounds so old! But I feel so blessed because all the things I wanted before I turned 30 I have- a husband and children.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Nothing!

What kept you sane? Remembering my priorities. I can't do everything. Doing the things that are most important first and if the others don't get done, don't worry about it. And having a wonderful supportive husband.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I don't have one in mind. I appreciate those who stand up for the things I think are really worth fighting for.

What political issue stirred you the most? Abortion issues

Who did you miss? My Nanny Gay- she passed away last year.

Who was the best new person you met this year? Hmm, I have made a few new friends but I don't have one that is the "best."

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013. I'm constantly learning to rely on my God. I'm constantly amazed and thankful for all the blessings He has and continues to pour out on me. And I have learned I can never be worthy, but continue my life striving to be a good and faithful servant.

Quote that sums up your year: A few of my favorites-
1)"It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.."
2) "Gratitude turns what we have into enough." 
3) "Wherever you are, be all there."




post signature

3 comments:

  1. Fun linkup! I always celebrate the end of the year with a review of the post popular posts of the year on my blog. It's always fun to go back and look at the big events that took place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catie, thank you so much for participating in this little link-up party!!!!!!!! What part of Kentucky did you visit? That's my old stompin' grounds, you know?! I'm also a huge fan of Top Chef, such talent and creativity. I wish they'd open up a restaurant where contestants come and visit for a week or month at a time so I can taste all of their dishes. YUM! (p.s. Congrats on Baby #3) =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Good Wife is one of my favorites as well!

    ReplyDelete