Image Map

Friday, August 23, 2013

And then I keep going....

There are so many moments that I feel overwhelmed! This mommy thing is hard work!

From the moment you start feeling queasy or tired with that sweet baby in your belly, you begin your busy, busy BUSY job!

These last few weeks have been trying around our home. Each time you think a certain stage of babies or toddlers has to be the most difficult, you then move into another difficulty!

Our moving to the toddler bed with Gus has been an interesting experience :) It is getting easier, but we are not there yet! He can come up with all kinds of questions and things he needs or wants to get around getting in bed. The first week had moments where I was quite ready to give up when I was exhausted and needed a break that can only come during nap time.

Potty Training..... now that is a whole other story. I really do think it has been one of the hardest things I have done with Gus. I plan to do a post on exactly what we have done, tried, and what worked and didn't. We have had good days when I was really excited by our progress. Then there are days like yesterday when I feel like all I'm doing loads and loads of wet clothes and going through paper towels. It is hard. I won't sugar coat it.

There have been moments when Gus and I have both been frustrated. Sometimes I just need moment to collect myself, breath, and keep going. And we have so many wonderful moments, smiles, laughs. And that is what you hang onto. Not the 8 messes you cleaned off the floor. The hour you spent trying to get a little person to stay in bed. And so often one little smile from a little one can change your whole attitude.

Each day you learn something new. You push forward. You know one day you will walk to the car and the kids will get in on their own. They will walk into the store by themselves instead of fighting you to ride in the cart. And one day the crying that seems to not end will be over, and the quiet will be deafening.

Life is good, still good :)

3 comments:

  1. It is going to take you by surprise when you realize that they now go to the bathroom, dress themselves, brush their teeth, and get into the car on their own. But apparently it takes a while for them to stop dropping food all over the floor when they eat, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Catie, you are certainly in the "thick" of things and will be for a few more years. But, I promise you, it does get better and it does get easier. And, as I'm sure you know, they will grow up so fast that you will wonder where the time went. And, never forget that the Lord understands a Momma's frustrations and grants us a whole lot of grace for those times. Blessings galore to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember toilet training Ry was all kinds of torture! Todd was away with work for 3 months and I was determined, but I may have found myself cleaning up accidents in tears thinking it was never going to happen. Hugs to you mama, it will happen, some just take a little longer than others.

    ReplyDelete