Josh and I have talked many times about making homemade pasta. I was looking through one of my cookbooks this weekend and read the recipe. It didn't sound too difficult, so I decided to give it a try.
I'm not going to put all the detail of the recipe here, just mostly pictures and what I did.
First, flour and eggs. You make a hole for the eggs:
As I tried to mix, the eggs began getting away from the flour! I was quickly building a new wall!
I mixed and mixed.
You form a ball and let it sit, then some smaller balls of dough and let them sit.
Then its time to roll (I did mine with a rolling pin, I don't have a pasta roller- wish I did!)
I cut them with a pizza cutter, then hung them over a contraption I found in the pantry.
After they got dry, I put some in the freezer and some in the fridge for dinner.
I made asparagus with tomatoes, garlic and fresh basil for Josh.
And I made some alfredo sauce for me (with some of the tomatoes too)
It tasted good. The pasta was like linguini, a little thicker since I didn't have a pasta roller.
Another adventure in the kitchen accomplished! I may start a series sharing the things I try!
Well, good for you Catie! Job well done. I've never in my life tried such and probably won't, but sure enjoyed sharing in your experience.
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend!
awesome!!
ReplyDelete