Image Map

Friday, April 5, 2013

Favorite Books

I have written several times about books Gus loves, but I wanted to do a more current post and link up with Kelly's Korner.

Gus has always loved books, and it makes me so happy!! I hope he always loves to read.

I'm going to share the books he currently likes. Gus just turned 2 for those of you visiting my blog today! I have several other posts about books he has liked under my helpful posts tab.

Little Blue Truck- this book has animal and car sounds Gus now has memorized. It also has a good story.
Go Dog Go- a classic Dr Seuss- a silly story. Gus can quote a lot of this book too.
Cowboy Small- we live in Texas so of course we need some cowboy books. I love this book. Even if you aren't from the West, it's a great book for kids. 
 

Goodnight Cowboy- if you like Goodnight Moon, this one is really sweet too. 
 
The ABC Bible Verse Book- Gus really likes this book. He can already fill in words when we leave them out. I think it is a great way to start scripture memory. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Pride and Prejudice- I bought this book for Maddie. Of course we haven't used it yet (she is just 4 months old), but I'm excited about it and hope she loves it. It is a counting book.

 I hope this gives you some new ideas for books! There are so many classics that are great, but some of these I shared today aren't as common. And check out this POST  for other books I like.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendations. Jackson likes Little Blue Truck as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Cowboy Small book looks fun. And I remember reading other books by Lois Lenski when I was growing up. Jaye's favorite book right now is probably Goodnight Gorilla. I'm looking forward to books with a little more storyline as she gets older. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cowboy Small is very fun :) It's amazing to watch the kids learn and enjoy different books!

      Delete
  3. stopping by from Kelly's Korner SUYL - your blog is adorable. :) Look forward to reading more of your posts.
    -Priscilla
    www.gracefullyrefreshed.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pride and Prejudice counting book looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete