Image Map

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Death of Key-Coo and the Nasty Bug

Our kids all say things differently, especially when they are first learning to talk. Gus said a few words kinda backwards at first, one of them being cookie. He called them "key-coo". It was cute, and only we knew what he meant.

Last night josh brought Gus home a cookie, and Gus looked at and said, "cookie!" I was instantly sad. Not only that, but over the past few days Gus has been putting sentences together like crazy! What happened to my little boy!?!?!? It did melt my heart when he said, "thank you Mommy" last night when I got him his cup.

Last night in bed I may have shed some tears over my little boy. He's growing up so fast! And he's so sweet. I feel just so blessed to be his mommy. He has brought me so much joy.

As for the lack of posts, our family was hit with a very nasty bug this weekend, Gus got it first Saturday. Then Maddie got it Sunday morning. I got sick Sunday afternoon, I think one of the sickest times of my life. I knew it was bad when I was lying on the floor of the bathroom throwing up about to pass out. Josh took good care of all of us, and then poor thing he got it Monday. Thankfully we are all much better. It's so hard to have sick kids, and trying to take care of them when you are sick too is really tough. I have to say a big thank you to my sweet husband though for getting us through.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness, the "bug" is going around here too. Big, big UGH! Glad it was over fairly quickly!

    Yes, the years go so quickly and you won't turn around twice and you'll be packing him up for college. Boo! Hoo!

    Happy week!

    ReplyDelete