Image Map

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cooking

What have I been cooking lately? Not much interesting because we have been dieting around our house. It isn't our favorite food, but the scale is showing progress. Pinterest sure is less fun when you can't cook all that yummy food!!

Someone around our house has been cooking though, especially this morning! 
 Gus is starting to pretend, and I LOVE it!!! I was never very good at pretending when I was little, but I always hoped Gus would be. A few days ago he was playing outside under one of our trees. He was talking to himself, and then looked up and said, "Hi Tree." It made me so happy. I want him to use his imagination all that he can!
 And this morning, he made me pizza, hot dogs, cookies, and lots of water. I don't know where he gets ideas to make these foods because we eat healthy stuff ALL the time! ;) (JOKE!) I have been trying much harder, and Gus has been eating a lot healthy along with us.
 

He also made some phone calls this morning, to MiMi, Doodle (her dog), Big Daddy, and PawPaw.
 Gus's vocabulary continues to explode. We talk all day long. This is a very fun stage.

The sleeping beauty :)
 
A perfect day in the life of a mom- playing with her babies

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it so fun to watch their little imaginations come to life? I like to "spy" on my kids when they are playing and it always amazes me at what they come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! No, you never would play pretend with me. Look how much you missed out! ;-) Im sure Matthew will have a ton of imaginary friends if he is anything like I was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathe in these moments. Those are two sweet faces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Katie, it truly is a perfect day and will be gone before you turn around twice. Yes, it's so good when little ones use their imagination, not much of that these days, so good for Gus! Happy weekend to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Maddie's shirt!! I can't wait for Gus and Robby talk up a storm in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete