Image Map

Monday, February 4, 2013

A few quiet moments....

I am enjoying a quiet moment right now. Both kids are napping. I'm sitting with my computer and my planner- reading blogs, working on scheduling things, working on a project for church. It's nice to have a moment to myself. It doesn't happen very often these days. And usually I have so many things I SHOULD do (wash and fold laundry, unload or load the dishwasher, pick up toys for the millionth time). I can see Maddie stirring, but I'm hoping she will hold out a few more minutes. 

Do you ever start to miss your kids while they are napping? Don't get me wrong, I love nap times when I can get some time to myself to think and get things done. But sometimes I find myself looking at Gus's picture or watching videos of him, and I miss hearing him talk or the pitter patter of feet. Every day I am reminded of how short this time is and I want to cherish it. If you walked into my laundry room, you would definitely see that it isn't high on my priority list right now. My house is not as clean as it used to be. Neither are my dogs, or me sometimes! But I try to make sure Gus always has a cracker, "shish", "cumber", or "key-coos" (cookies) to eat when he is hungry. And I try to hold Maddie as much as I can. She loves to be held and to cuddle. She has started smiling at me and her Daddy a lot and talking. I remember wondering what Gus would sound like when he talked, and now it is just precious. Today during lunch, he was so excited to tell Daddy everything we did this morning. It made us laugh. Now I wonder what Maddie will sound like. 

This wasn't an exciting post, but it is what is on my mind. 
An afternoon in the life of a mommy :)

1 comment:

  1. The quiet moments are definitely few and far between, but it is all worth it. I get caught up in all the stuff I "should" be doing too and have to remind myself that it is okay to stop and relax and take time for me too!

    ReplyDelete