Shrimp de Gallo Tostadas
First, I made the Shrimp de Gallo from Pioneer Woman- recipe HERE . One thing to remember is that if you make this ahead of time, leave out the avocado because it will turn very quickly. What I did was cut up the avocado separately and left it to the side, then if we had any of the shrimp mixture leftover, I could just put it back in the fridge.
Tostadas or Tortillas chips
Cheddar or Mont. Jack cheese
Sour cream and jalapenos- optional
For this I used tostadas, which are basically large tortilla chips. You could also just use tortillas chips. I put cheese on the tostadas and baked them in the oven until the cheese melted. If you broil them, just keep an eye on them so that the tostadas don't burn. Then serve with all the toppings! This is the picture from Pioneer Woman's website- I don't have a camera this good!!
The Shrimp mixture is nice, cool and refreshing. The meal isn't super heavy either- perfect for a hot day. It would also make a great appetizer for a party.

That looks so good. My hubby would love it!
ReplyDelete