It's a dreary day here- outside and in my heart. I'm so thankful for the little rain we got and all that is still coming- Praise the Lord.
My heart is very sad. I lost a woman very dear to me this morning. I called her Nanny Gay. She was my grandmother's best friend, and a grandmother to me. She never forgot my birthday growing up. She taught me how to drink coffee- with lots of cream and sugar! She used to buy me gum balls decorated to look like animals. She was a strong woman. She was always put together. I loved her very much.
It's hard getting older, watching people you love leave you. Everything you knew changes. And it's just hard. This last year has been tough. I lost my grandfather almost a year ago. And we have had some other losses in our family too. There are so many great things- watching Gus grow, new babies on the way. And still, there is pain. I am glad that my Nanny Gay will not have to endure any more pain.
Here she is holding Gus not long after he was born. I'm so glad she was able to meet him, and see him grow.
I love you Nanny Gay, and I am going to miss you. I hope I can be a strong, loyal woman like you were.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and the family.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
ReplyDeleteCatie, Yes, it is tough growing older, believe me! But, it is life and none of us knows when our day will be. Be of good courage and trust the Lord and He will sustain you. You were so blessed to have someone like Nanny Gay in your life and now perhaps you will be a Nanny Gay to someone else. Blessings abundant for a wonderful Mother's Day!
ReplyDelete