A couple of weeks ago we made shrimp po' boy sandwiches. They are really easy to make and taste great. I used frozen shrimp, thawed it by running it under cold water. Then dip the shrimp in an egg (beaten) and then dip in a mixture of corn meal, flour and seasoning (we used cajun seasoning). Fry it in a oil on the stove (enough oil to a little more than cover the bottom of the pan). For the bread we used hoagies from the store. Place some lettuce on one side and tarter sauce on the other. And that is it! A tasty and easy dinner.
The next item is sangria wine. Now if you do not drink alcohol, just ignore the rest of this post! I tasted this a few years ago, and then I started making it at home. You really can make it any way you like. I usually use the cheapest bottle of red wine I can find because it does not really matter.
First, cut up a bunch of different fruit and place them in a pitcher. I always use limes. This time I used limes, lemons, oranges, strawberries and blueberries. I have also put apples in it before.
Then pour the wine over the fruit and then add orange juice. You can add as much or as little orange juice as you want- depending on how strong you want the wine taste to be. If you want it really sweet you can also add some sugar although I usually don't. Cover the pitcher with plastic and chill in the frig. The longer it chills the better it tastes, so 6 hours is a good time to try for. You can serve this over ice or just by itself. Don't forget to eat some of the fruit, because it will have a wonderful flavor.
These are just a couple of things I am enjoying this summer. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment