The china on the top shelf is what I registered for when I got married. The second shelf is my grandmother's.
There are eight full sets. There are dinner and salad plates, teacups and saucers, bowls with saucers, demitasse cups and saucers (which are little teacups), a teapot, two sugar bowls, a creamer, platter, bowl, and candy stand! Here are pictures of a few of the things close up. I love all the colors.
I feel so special to have these dishes and look forward to using them in our home for years to come. I believe if you do not use china, what good is it?? We use our china for holidays and when we have family visit.
My grandmother collected roosters. I always looked at them when I went to visit her. We gave her a very small one as a gift one year. I have it sitting with my china, as a reminder of my grandmother.
Gus seems to be growing and learning so much every day!!! This weekend he reached for my Sonic cup and opened his mouth!! He likes to suck on my face sometimes too. Sometimes he sits in my lap while we eat dinner, and now he is longing looking at the food thinking that he wants some. We let him taste some refried beans and he really liked them! He did really well and did not spit them out. So, I think we are ready to try food very soon! We have his 4 month appointment finally this Wednesday and I will talk to the doctor about starting foods. He has grown out of so many clothes. I took a picture of him this morning because he has pretty much outgrown this outfit, but it was one of my favorites.
How special to have that china! And it looks so great in your china cabinet. Ranch dressing, refried beans, and guacamole were the first foods Robby had...it looks like our boys are following closely in their mommies' footsteps with their favorite foods!! :-) I can't wait to hear about his appointment!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. She would have been proud to see it.
ReplyDelete