Last Sunday at church we had a dedication for Gus. I had seen this done at other churches and wanted to do it for Gus. Although we go to a Methodist church, we did not baptize Gus. The dedication was a time for us as parents to say we were determined to raise Gus in a Christian home and teach him so one day he can come to know the Lord for himself. It also was an opportunity for the church to say they would help us in this endeavor. Our pastor did an amazing job. At some services I have been to they just read a couple of scriptures and that is all. Our pastor spent about 5 minutes talking about it. It was very special. It reminded me of the HUGE responsibility we have in raising Gus. We are so blessed to have him in our life, and I pray everyday that we do it in a way that is pleasing to God.
It was also a blessing to have my parents and grandparents with us. They all serve as wonderful role models for Gus as people who love the Lord.
It was pretty dark in the church so this picture did not turn out too well, but I thought I would put it up anyway. Another thing our pastor did was he held Gus and walked around the church so everyone could see him really well. We attend a very small church, and everyone loves to see Gus. Their kindness to us is overwhelming.
This week also included a visit with an old friend! Ande and I have been friends probably since we were about 10 years old. We both homeschooled at that time and would see each other once a month at homeschool skating or bowling parties. We also wrote letters to each other- this was before the days of email..... :) We both ended up going to the same college our freshman year- Oklahoma Baptist University. We connected again after college on facebook. We then ended up getting married a week apart and having our babies 3 weeks apart. It was so much fun to catch up and find out how similar our stories were. I love to read her blog. She is one of the sweetest people I know and is a wonderful mommy to her beautiful little girl Naomi. Gus enjoyed getting to meet someone his size.
My mom was still visiting so she went with us and took all these pictures.
Love it! The time at your church looked so special! How fun that Gus'grandparents and great-grandparents could come. I loved our time together. I had totally forgotten that we wrote to each other, but I do remember that now. Thanks, again, for coming up to see us. I was very thankful for our time together.
ReplyDelete