Growing: Gus has not had his 4 month appointment yet, but I weighed him last week, and he weighed 17 lbs!!! We knew he was a big boy and this confirmed it. He wears size 3 diapers and is even starting to grow out of some of his 6 month clothes
Eating: Gus still eats every 3 hours unless he is asleep or distracted. We have his 4 month appointment in about 2 weeks, and we are going to talk to the doctor about starting some food then. I have stopped nursing Gus so he is on full formula now.
Sleeping: Gus slept for 9 hours this last Saturday night, but that is the first time he has done that! He still wakes up to eat several times. I am hoping that with the formula and maybe cereal soon, he will think about sleeping more at night. But now I am so used to him waking up I will probably wake up even if he doesn't! He naps several times a day. Normally he gets fussy after he has been up for about 1 1/2 hours and needs a little rest, but again it just depends on the day. I think he has been growing or teething and so everything has been a bit off the normal schedule.
Playing: We got him a new toy, but he is not too sure about it yet.
He has rolled over from his belly to back 3 times. He is still getting used to being on his tummy. He thinks he would rather just walk first. Today he started taking steps like he was walking.
He still loves to talk, but his new thing is screaming! Sometimes it is just for fun but he also does it when he is mad.
Sometimes I get worn out caring for this little guy, but with one smile he can make my day! It is the most amazing thing to watch him learn and grow. I have the best job in the world!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment