http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/kelsey-nixon/shredded-pork-and-pineapple-tacos-recipe/index.html
I am sorry I don't have any pictures, but we were busy getting ready for company!
I did not make any of the toppings in the recipe but just cooked the pork. It was amazing! I put it in the crock pot at around 8:30 in the morning and took it out around 5:30. I could barely get the meat out because it was so tender it just fell apart. It tasted delicious! I made homemade pico de gallo, cheese dip, refried beans, guacamole, and then cheese and sour cream. I also had corn and flour tortillas since the corn ones are gluten free. Making a gluten free meal scared me at first but it was actually fairly easy with this meal. For dessert I made panna cotta.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/panna-cotta-with-fresh-berries-recipe/index.html

This is actually very easy to make. I also often half the recipe if it is just for me and Josh. It takes about 10-15 minutes and then you just put it in the fridge. This time I tried making them in cupcake holders, but they wouldn't come out of the paper like I wanted. I put blueberries and raspberries on it. If we don't have fruit, I will just sprinkle some cinnamon on top. It tastes like a custard. I also add a little vanilla for extra flavor. The pork recipe tasted so wonderful and would be an easy meal for a mom. And the dessert is very easy too! Happy Cooking :)
Knowing that you made mexican food for company makes me sad because it makes me think of all of our mexican feasts we would have together! Wish we were closer!!
ReplyDeleteI wish we were closer too!!! But we were thinking that this was the first time we had people other than family over for dinner since we moved here. Josh said, " Tim and Randi came over." But I said, "They don't count, they are family." :)
ReplyDelete