Image Map

Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekly Menu

I have not shared my weekly menu lately so I thought I would share it today. Over the weekend we traveled to Santa Fe, NM for a vacation. We had a wonderful time, and I will put up a post soon about our trip. While we were gone we ate lots of Mexican food, so we wanted to have a week without any. Here is my menu for dinner:

Monday: Mushroom Quiche - I used the recipe in Julia Child's book. It was delicious. It is pretty much the same recipe as the Onion Tart I wrote about a few weeks ago. I made a double pie crust and then put half of it in the freezer. When I want to make it again or am in the mood for a pie, I can just pull it out which will save lots of time. I served this with salad and fruit.

Tuesday: Ravioli - I am working from 9-2. Even though I will be home in plenty of time to cook dinner, I am usually tired and want something easy to make. I will use frozen ravioli that only takes a few minutes to cook. When my mom stayed with us after Gus was born, she filled our freezer with homemade bread. So I will serve some bread and some salad with it.

Wednesday: Crab Cakes - Our grocery store just started carrying canned crab. Yes, I know- you would think every grocery store would have canned crab, but we live out in the "country." :) Seeing the cans in the store prompted me to cook these. Josh likes to have macaroni and cheese with fried fish, so I am going to fix macaroni and cheese to go with it. (it is also one of my favorite things)

Thursday: Pizza - A couple of weeks ago I cooked pizza and put a crust in the freezer. All I will have to do it thaw the dough and put toppings on it! Easy meal- yay!

Friday: Shrimp - I will probably make shrimp and grits.

This week offers no chicken or pork or beef. We ate a lot while on vacation, so a lighter week will make us both feel better. I hope this gave you some ideas of things to cook.

1 comment:

  1. You have such a variety of things to cook! Even when I'm looking for new recipes, I tend towards Mexican food, usually-it's easy and always sounds good. I'm trying to take a few lessons from you. I also like, you didn't use beef or chicken for a whole week. Good ideas for recipes that are a little cheaper! When you write about your Sante Fe trip, I would love to hear about how Gus did and what you did to help him during the drive and being a new place. I'm traveling for the first time this weekend with Naomi and am a little nervous!

    ReplyDelete