Image Map

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rain

On Monday night as Josh and I were watching tv, I could not believe my ears!!! Was that thunder?? We looked at the radar, and there was actually a chance of rain. As the storm got closer, we went on the back porch and watched the lightening. There were a few sprinkles on the ground but not much. I sat there just praying the rain would come, but it went around our town. We are in possibly the worst drought ever for our area. I have heard people say it is worse than the dust bowl days. Sometimes I look out our front windows, and all I see is brown. Dirt blows into our house in the cracks between our doors. I try to not open the doors very often because it is always windy and dusty. A couple of days ago there was a fire outside of town that damaged the power plant. They are asking everyone in our area to keep their AC turned up because they are low on power. I have been trying not to wash clothes, run the dishwasher, etc in the afternoon when it gets so hot outside. I think the last time we had measurable rainfall was 6 months ago. I know this is hard to imagine for those people who live where it has been flooding. I am hoping and praying it will rain here very soon!!!

This week has been very busy for us. I worked some on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday because one of the pharmacists had something he had to do. Today I am so happy to be at home for the day, and Gus is too! I have been doing laundry and cleaning a little. My parents are coming for the weekend, and I am excited to see them! It may be a while before I post again.

I would like to ask you to say a prayer for rain for our area if you are reading this. I know it will rain here again someday, only God knows when that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment