Image Map

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Quiet Weekend

This weekend will be fairly quiet for us. Josh is working until 2pm today. I will cook lunch for us when he gets home. We plan to watch the movie True Grit that just came out on video. We never had a chance to see it in the theater, so I am excited to finally watch it. I grew up watching westerns all the time, I love John Wayne :). I hope I enjoy this one, I have heard lots of good things.

Josh surprised me a couple of week ago telling me he wanted to get me a china cabinet that I wanted. When we were looking at furniture for our new house I saw this cabinet and really liked it. We didn't end up buying it then, but I never forgot about it. I will be inheriting one of my grandmother's china, and I have a china set of my own. It is going to be so fun to have a place to display my dishes.


Samson and Bear have adjusted very well to having Gus around. I have not talked about them much, but they are still important family members!
Bear really likes Gus and is protective of him. When Gus cries, Bear licks his feet trying to make it better.

This year Josh planted 4 rose bushes in our backyard. Two have already started blooming! Here is a pink one he brought in and gave to me :)

For my sister's birthday, I bought her this book:
She loved it and passed it on for my mom to read. I am now reading it. I am about half-way through it and have really enjoyed it so far. I has made me laugh a lot and smile. She is a really good writer.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I loved that book. Made me think of myself in so many ways! Mostly in the stupid stuff she would do that her husband would fix. HA

    ReplyDelete