Image Map

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Good-bye

We have had a crazy last 5 days. I asked you to pray for my grandfather. On Friday night he went to be with the Lord. My dad texted me about how he was doing on Thursday. It wasn't good, so Josh and I and Gus drove to Dallas. (7 hour trip). On Friday I was able to go see my PawPaw Jim. He opened his eyes for a minute while I was there, and I said Hi to him. I don't know if he knew I was talking to him or what, but it was the last time I saw him. He passed away later that night. It was so wonderful how God worked it out so we could be there at the right time. The funeral was Monday morning. Funerals are so difficult. My MawMaw Peggy, his wife, passed away 7 years ago, and it was really hard too. My grandparents left a great legacy through all their children.
One thing an event like this does is bring family together. There may not be a time again when all of us are in one place now that our grandparents are gone. We were able to go eat together at our family's favorite Mexican food place on Sunday night. We enjoyed our time together and got to laugh. Everyone also got to meet Gus which was fun. Gus was just wonderful on the whole trip. He did great on the 7 hour car ride. He slept through the funeral and graveside service. He was a real trooper.

In reflecting on my grandfather's death, it just makes me more and more thankful for my family. It is so important to cherish every minute. That has become more evident to me since Gus. We are so blessed!! God is so good.

My posts may not be very frequent for a while. Our computer screen is broken, so to get on the computer we have to plug it into our tv. My parents are coming to visit this weekend which will be fun. Life seems to be going by so quickly these days!

Gus had his 2 month appointment last week. He weighed 14 lbs 1 oz!!! (90th percentile) He did have his clothes on when he was weighed. I knew he felt heavy :) I think they measure his length wrong so I am going to measure him myself, and then I will let you know. He is talking more and more each day. I hear him waking up so I better finish- just remember to love those around you today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment