Image Map

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

2 Months!!!!

I cannot believe my precious little boy is 2 months old today! In some ways it has gone by really fast and in other ways it hasn't. On those days and nights when he won't stop crying it seems like forever. Then, on days when he just smiles at me and takes naps, they fly by.


Feeding and Sleeping


Gus is eating every 3 hours. I start the cycle whenever he wakes up in the morning. For example this morning, he woke up at 5:30, so I got him up again at 8:30 to start the cycle. When we are at home he is sleeping 6 hours at night fairly regularly now which is wonderful!! He does not like to go to sleep and fights it during the day. When he starts getting tired he will cry and scream for a few minutes, then boom he is asleep. It is funny to watch his personality develop. He also wakes up very slowly in the mornings. He will start moaning and stretching about an hour before he actually gets up. He is like his mommy and daddy and not a morning person :)

Playing

Gus is so cute when he is awake. I will put him in his Boppy pillow or a rocker chair I have. When he is in the Boppy, I like to sit next to him and talk to him. He just smiles at me and looks around at the world. His daddy has already started teaching him. Josh started counting with his fingers for Gus a week or two ago. Now Gus puts up his fists with daddy and tries to separate his fingers to count. We think he is pretty smart! ;) Gus is good at mimicking. I started sticking my tongue out, and he tries to stick out his. I was trying to put some videos on here but they are too big! :( He has started cooing and making noises. He has been trying for several weeks but couldn't coordinate the sound with opening his mouth. Sometimes he tries so hard and gets frustrated with himself. We always say "Hi" to him, and yesterday it almost sounded like he said hi back! I love hearing the sounds he makes. He is growing up so fast! His two month appointment is next week, and I cannot wait to find out how much he weighs. He now has rolls everywhere and is almost outgrowing some of his 3 month clothes. We call his pacifier his "puppy" because the paci is a Wubbanub on a dog. (they make pacifiers attached to stuffed animals)

Traveling
Gus is a great little traveler. We have flown to see both grandparents, and he did great both times! He also has made lots of trips to Amarillo (an hour and a half away). He doesn't always like being put in his carrier, but once we start driving he is usually happy.

I think I could go on and on talking about my little man. There were times when he was screaming a lot, and I was so ready for him to grow out of it. Then I was listening to my Ipod and heard this song. I never wished him older again. Just thinking about the lyrics make me cry-

"Your little hands wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light

To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
No, no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up" ~ Taylor Swift

Here is a picture of us on Mother's day: We went to Houston to visit Josh's family for the weekend. We got back to Amarillo on Sunday around lunchtime. Josh and Gus took me to lunch at Outback for Mother's day. It was a wonderful day for me because I got to spend it with both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment