There isn't anything much more fun than watching your child learn and grow. It all happens so quickly, it's hard to keep up sometimes! But...... there are some things you wish your child wouldn't do, and then the fun of disciplining begins. And wow- I think it may be as difficult has a baby waking up multiple times in the night.
We call Gus our little Firecracker. He has a fun personality but likes to get his way! He has learned several new tricks lately which aren't always our favorite.
For instance, this is where I found him a few mornings ago:
As you can guess, the flowers had to be moved. This practice of crawling onto the coffee table is strongly discouraged :)
And since we have learned to climb on things, this is another new trick:
So far, he is only climbing into the recliner and not onto the other furniture. But, standing in the recliner is a favorite activity, and another one that is strongly discouraged :)
I love watching Gus learn. I love that he enjoys exploring and figuring things out. I pray that I learn to discipline him in a way that is pleasing to God. I know it is the job of parents to train their children, and I take this responsibility very seriously. It isn't always easy, but I know it is what is best for all of us. I've watched those "Nanny" shows where the children are out of control. I never want that to be me. And so, each day, I do my very best to train Gus "in the way he should go." I pray that "when he is old he will not turn from it." But let me tell you, there are many days when I am ready to give up!! I'm so blessed to have a teammate to help me. Josh is such a great daddy and husband. I'm so thankful that we work together to train Gus, and that we agree on how we want to raise him.
As I'm writing this morning, we have already had confrontations with Gus about crawling on the table and standing in the chair. I'm sure it is going to happen many more times before he goes to bed tonight. But one day, he is going to understand, and we won't be fighting about it anymore. And there will be something else to learn. I want to take it all in, the good and bad. I love my little boy, and he won't be a little boy forever.
You are doing the most important thing- and that is praying for him! You can do it with God's help! Gus is lucky to have you as his momma!
ReplyDeleteHe looks so cute doing it, though!
ReplyDeleteI feel ya! I have a lot of these same discipline fights with Noah. But it's all about boundaries and sticking to them - it's so worth it to teach them at this age!! Much better down the road.
ReplyDelete