Image Map

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

15 Month Update and Shopping for Boys

Gus had his 15 month appointment yesterday. He is a healthy growing boy just as I already knew. He weighed 23 lbs 6 oz and was 30 inches long.

Gus is wearing mostly 12-18 month clothes. People talk a lot about shopping for boys so I wanted to talk about it a little.

Shopping for Boys

When we found out we were having a boy, of course I was ready to do some shopping. Often times when you walk into a children's store, 90% of the stuff is for girls. This can be so frustrating for a boy mom. I thought before I had Gus, I would dress him in Ralph Lauren Polo clothes that I would buy at TJ Maxx or something. As I started shopping around, I realized that even buying them at discount stores can sometimes be a little expensive. I began looking at many places and discovered you can dress a little boy very cute and not have to buy super expensive clothes! 
So, where do I buy most of Gus's clothes????? The majority of Gus's summer clothes have come from Target and Old Navy. I sometimes buy things at Baby Gap, but I have been happy with the things I've found at Target and Old Navy and they are much cheaper!  Sure- if we have a special event coming up we might splurge. But for everyday wear that is going to get spilled on, it isn't worth spending a lot of money to me. 

Raising a boy was a whole new world for me since I only have a sister. It has just been so much fun! Shopping has gotten a lot easier now that I know where to get Gus clothes. I hope this offers a little help to those of you out there with boys.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, there seems to be such a difference in shopping for girls and boys. I always get a little bummed when we go shopping and there are racks upon racks of stuff for little miss but not much selection for Jaxson. I do love Target and I shop at the consignment stores a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny gave me two bags full of baby clothes today, she is having a garage sale and found tons of goodies! some very cute boy's clothes and some shoes too. oh, and Im back online. very small netbook. I like it so far, still getting used to keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about shopping for boys. There is so much more girl stuff out there. I have found a lot of cute clothes for Jackson at Carters. It is probably my favorite store to shop for him at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have bought things at Carters too! There just isn't one close to us so we don't get to go very often

      Delete
  4. I've had some luck getting some really cute stuff at Goodwill, consignment sales, and consignment shops. Cheap - and I like that I can find cute stuff that not everyone else has/that you can't find at any of the "regular" stores. Also, try looking under Vintage on Etsy - and search Boy size ___ clothes. Lots of cute, unique stuff for not much $! I, too, like Target for boy clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't really have any consignment shops around here or else I would give that a try! I haven't shopped much on Etsy, i need to!

      Delete