I am way outnumbered now around the house! This is my third day of taking care of all the kids alone, and it really is going well.
For months I had been thinking in my head of how a day would go when I would have all three kids to take care of. Yes, I am very busy. But it hasn't made me want to pull my hair out... I'm sure that day will come :)
You forget so quickly how much newborn babies sleep! It can be nice if you need to get a few things done. Jack slept most of the morning on Monday, so I was able to do lots with Gus and Maddie and some laundry. Today, he has cried quite a bit, so Gus is still in his pjs and the house is a bit of a mess. I know I have to divide my time between everybody, and it is a little hard. I know Jack will only be little for such a short time, and so I want to hold him and enjoy the newborn moments as much as I can. But I have to change Gus's clothes when he has an accident. Or get everyone snacks, etc. It is a balancing act, but it is doable.
We have had people bringing us food for dinner which has been a HUGE help!
Jack is still sleeping pretty well at night. He normally just wakes up every 3 hours to eat and goes right back to sleep. I'm soooo thankful for that.
And he will probably be awake soon so I'm going to wrap this post up. I starting to feel like myself again. I was able to chase Gus around the house, which hasn't happened in a long time. Things are good, Josh and I are tired, but it is all good :)
And for some pictures...
Growing too fast!!
Playing Blocks..
Maddie learned how to get in my old rocker :)
Not sure why he needed his hand in the air...
Love this little boy with a big personality!
What happened to my little girl??? She is so adventurous!







Oh, Catie, you are going to do just fine. Yes, you will have days that are hard and you will be ready to pull your hair out. But, you have such a Mother's heart and the Lord is going to walk this motherhood journey with you and give you all that you need just as you need it. Sweetest blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteYay! Great job mama!! I can't even imagine. Brooke seems like a handful, but you make it look so easy! I can't wait to watch this little one grow! :)
ReplyDeleteYou are doing awesome! Ahh it goes so quick, I can remember those first weeks as a family of five so vividly and yet it was almost a year ago already. Enjoy it!
ReplyDelete