I'm back!!!!! I'm sorry it has been so long since I have blogged. I have been sick for over two week, and Gus and Josh have been sick during that time as well. Also, we made a week long trip, seeing family and friends, and I have tons to blog about so I'm going to get started!
This week Gus went to Mother's Day Out for the first time. It is a new program, and I was excited about it. Yes, I was excited, but at the same time I was very nervous and scared. We have only left Gus with family members and for 1 hr at a time in the nursery at our church. So to take him somewhere new for multiple hours was very scary for this mommy. I really thought he would enjoy playing with the other kids though, and Josh and I both thought it would be a good idea.
The day finally came this week. I was nervous as I put together his bag, making sure his name was on all his stuff. His backpack was the same size as he was and he fell over a few times when we put it on his back :)
And of course I forgot to get my picture with him :(
When we arrived, the ladies there took Gus to his room and he started crying. It broke this momma's heart. But then 3 other friends of mine walked in, and several of their kids were crying too. I hung around a little while to make sure Gus was going to settle down. I wasn't going to leave him if he had a major breakdown. At one point all the kids in his room were crying! But he had even stopped crying for a few minutes while I was there, so I knew he was going to be ok.
I quickly ran to the grocery store and headed home to clean like a crazy person! After being gone for a week, our house needed a lot of work. The laundry piles were overflowing, the floor was dirty, the bathrooms needed attention. I tried to make the most of my time alone. After about an hour, the main lady at MDO called me and said Gus was doing great and was dancing to music. That's my boy! I so appreciated that phone call to put my mind at ease.
When I picked Gus up, they told him I was there and I could hear him say, "Momma?" This was a big deal because he rarely if ever says it at home! I loved hearing it. He talked a lot in the car after we left. I had a couple of quick drive thru errands, and before we could get home, this little boy was fast asleep.
Here is Gus's backpack and lunchbag, and his report card that said how well he did!
I think this is going to be a nice thing for Gus and for me. And when Little Miss get here, it will give me some time just with her and time to get a few things done around the house. It was a big decision to do this for us. We feel like it is something that Gus will enjoy because he really likes being around other kids. It also made it an easier decision for us because we know nearly all the other kids going to the program.
We also had another milestone last night. We didn't give Gus his "puppy" (pacifier) when we put him to bed. We decided after our trip that we would take it away, then he wouldn't be tempted to take his sister's when she get here. He was so tired, he didn't fight at all. Yay!!! However, at this moment I have put him down for his morning nap and he is screaming....... I thought we were doing so well! But it looks like his daytime naps are going to be where our struggle is.
No comments:
Post a Comment