There is just about nothing more
exciting than a new baby!! I was just thrilled when I found out MY
SISTER was going to have a baby. And then I was going to have a baby.
And that meant we were going to be pregnant together!!!!! We are due
about 5 weeks apart. It has been so fun to share being pregnant
together, and I'm so happy that our kids will be so close in age so they
can play together!
The
next thought that came into my mind was..... Baby Shower! I cannot tell
you how much fun I had planning a baby shower for my sister Grace. When
she found out she was having a boy, I could have guessed how she was
going to decorate her nursery. Western!!! She's been a cowgirl all her
life, and though I have tried, I still prefer pearls and fancy bags. (I
still love living in a town with cowboys and tractors driving down the
main roads, don't get me wrong!)
The planning began on Pinterest of course! You can find all my ideas on my Baby Shower board.
These are the invitations I decided to use, and they turned out really cute (this is the Pinterest example):
Here
is the table where we had all the food. My mom and I decorated it with
blue and red bandanas. We used sunflowers, daisies, baby's breath, and
blue hydrangeas (my sister's favorite flowers). We put flower in Mason
jars for the western theme. My mom made the amazing thumbprint cookies
with red and blue icing. I didn't get a picture, but several of Grace's
friends also helped us with food. We had chips and dip and pigs in a
blanket. I was so busy at the shower I didn't even make it into the
kitchen to get food! The table looked great!!
For
drinks, my mom and I came up with the idea to do a coffee bar! I
thought people would enjoy having coffee since the shower was at 11. We
had four different kinds of creamer and sprinkles and whipped cream to
go on top. My mom also made coffee iced cubes for anyone wanting iced
coffee. We offered regular and decaf since there were several of us
pregnant girls there. My mom also made water with frozen watermelon for
those who didn't want coffee. We had this all on a wet bar in the main
room so people could get refills if they wanted.
As
for decorations, I had so much fun putting them together! I made Grace a
diaper cake. Her little boy's name will be starting with a "M." We had
this on the coffee table on top of two bandanas.
On the mantle above where Grace opened her gifts, I had a clothes line
with different cowboy/western outfits for her little boy. My mom got her
several cowboy books.
Here is a picture of Grace and I before her shower started, and then of my mom and Grace.
We
had over 25 people at Grace's shower. She got tons of cute clothes and
diapers and all things she would need for her little man.
I
think it was very special that my grandmother and all of my aunts and
several of my cousins were able to be there!! We have such a great
family, and we are all excited to meet Grace's little guy in just a few
weeks!
We
didn't play any games at her shower, but I did have everyone fill out
these "Wishes for Baby" cards. I just printed them out on some
cardstock. I think Grace will enjoy being able to keep those in her baby
book.
If you have any other questions about anything I did for her shower, just ask!
And to end the day, can't go without a belly picture of the sisters, and a picture of our sweet husbands loading all my sister's goodies into the truck :)
After my sister's shower, I was surprised with a Sprinkle for Little Miss!! I will share about that later :)
And to end the day, can't go without a belly picture of the sisters, and a picture of our sweet husbands loading all my sister's goodies into the truck :)
After my sister's shower, I was surprised with a Sprinkle for Little Miss!! I will share about that later :)






Everything was SO cute! Thank you again for all your hard work. I am not near that clever to come up with all those things! He will be fixed up now!
ReplyDeleteoh, catie, what wonderful memories you and your sister are making! you are blessed to have each other! your diaper cake was incredible! i've seen these before - but not a western one - i love it!
ReplyDeleteI love this Catie, these are memories the two of you will have forever. Great job with the decorating!
ReplyDelete