Image Map

Monday, May 26, 2014

Memories

We sat outside today for a lunch of sausages cooked on the grill and some chips. Fitting for a summer holiday. 

The temperature is my idea of perfect- 67. There is a cool breeze. It has rained here for the last several days. The Lord heard our cries for moisture and we are rejoicing. There are clouds headed our way, and we hear thunder in the distance. 

I think about those in my family who seved our country- my great-grandfather Dr. Benjamin Wiltshire and my grandfather Dr. J. W. Cobb. I'm thankful for both. I wish I could have met my great- grandfather who past a few days before my birth. 

I think about my childhood. Many of my summer weekends and holidays were spent in Colorado and New Mexico. This cool rainy weather feels just like it did there- it's heavenly. 

And then I think about the memories we are making today with our kids. A day spent enjoying the good things in life- the beauty of the earth, the blessing of rain, the peacefulness of home, the enjoyment of good food, and the gift of family. 

Life is good. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, indeed, life is good and you are making some precious memories with those little ones. Good for you! Continue to enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete