Today we began a fun activity with the kids - The Journey of the Wise Men.
I have seen all kinds of daily activities to do with kids leading up until Christmas. I saw one that interested me that involved the wise men. I couldn't find anything that was exactly what I wanted to do, so Josh and I came up with our own. If you are like me doing something daily for the whole month of December seems like a lot. So we decided to just do this for a week. So it began today.
Theme: Promise
Isaiah 9:6
The wise men were found this morning on my Bible, and also on a new Bible for our kids.
We talked about how God told Isaiah that He was going to send Jesus. We talked about how God promised He would send His son, and that God always keeps his promises. We looked at the story of Noah in the kids' new Bible. We talked about the rainbow and how that was another promise that God made. We talked about how the wise men knew to look at the Bible. We told the kids that if they wanted to be wise they needed to read the Bible too.
The Bible that we got the kids was The Big Picture Interactive Bible Storybook. So far we like it. It has an app that you can download on your phone to help tell each story.
I love that this will emphasize each day leading up until Christmas that the real reason for Christmas is Jesus.
If you do something similar, or visit this blog and are new- please leave a comment and let me know about it!! Tomorrow I will post about Day 2!

No comments:
Post a Comment