Image Map

Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter Food!

I have not been cooking as much lately, due to working and being busy and my being tired! But last night, Josh and I both wanted something for dessert and had to get creative. Back at Christmas time I made a lot of pumpkin bread and had put a loaf in the freezer. I pulled it out the other day to snack on (like I need to eat more and put on more pounds!) Josh had the idea to make bread pudding with the pumpkin bread! We found a recipe in our Betty Crocker recipe book and used the pumpkin bread. It tasted amazing! (By the way, I highly recommend this cookbook- Better Crocker Cookbook (Bridal Edition). I got it when we got married and almost all of the recipes taste great!

This morning I made some potato soup for Josh for lunch. I make potato soup quite often, but this morning I made a few changes to the recipes I found. I didn't have any chicken stock, so I first had to find a recipe without it. I did have chicken bouillon cubes which took care of that issue. I think that chicken bouillon cubes is a good thing to keep in the pantry, because you never know when you might want to make soup, etc. I also added bacon and dill to the soup. Josh enjoyed it, and I put half of it in the freezer for after the baby comes. I haven't planned a lot of meals to put in the freezer yet, but I have a few things in there I can use.

Do you have a new favorite recipe? I am always looking for new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment