Image Map

Friday, August 1, 2014

Family Time and a Break


I can't seem to keep up lately with blogging! I decided I better just do a quick post today so I don't get any further behind!

We have had a very busy last couple of weeks. We did have a couple of weeks where we home quite a bit in July. The kids and I stayed entertained by the caterpillars in our garden as well as the vegetables we have been harvesting! I have made pickles twice, and they turned out so good! I was shocked! It wasn't difficult at all.We have had several tomatoes, green chilies, jalapenos, and just yesterday our first carrots! 
 

One day we needed to get out of the house so I took the kids to the zoo. We all enjoyed the outing.

Jack rode for the first time in a shopping cart- he's getting so big.

He also had his first walk in the wagon. 

The kids are so fun and growing so much, but they are a HANDFUL! Taking care of these three littles has been the hardest thing I've ever done- mostly because it is so FULL time!
My grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary in July, so we drove down to my parents for a party to celebrate them. They have provided such a wonderful example to all of our family on how to love. They are both so precious to me- it was fun to celebrate with them. We were able to spend time with my aunt, uncle,cousins and cousins--in-law (is there such a thing?). We took some fun family pictures that I will enjoy sharing in the future!

While we were at my parent's, we were able to meet up with Josh's old roommate and his family. We enjoyed catching up with them.

We also were able to go out to dinner with my sister and her husband and just Jack. We really enjoyed our date night! We went to a sushi place and had several kinds of sushi which was a first for me. I liked nearly everything I tasted!



When we came back home, my mom came with us. And for three days she kept the kids while I worked at the pharmacy. The pharmacist Josh works with was going to be out of town, and my mom was able to come so it was a good chance for me to work a little. I have to say it was a good break for me. I had not been away from the kids that long since Jack had been born. Although it was a nice break and I enjoyed being with Josh all day at work, I was ready to be back at home and the kids were too.  We all need a little break or change every once in a while, and I very much needed this one. Thank you mom for being brave enough to take care of the 3 littles! :)
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Catie, you obviously are a very good time manager. Otherwise you could not possibly get everything done that you did. And, what a treat to have your Mom come and keep the kiddos. Blessings for a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete