Image Map

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sleeping Baby!

Because of this:
I can make this post!

So yesterday after being up most of the night with Gus, I took Gus to the doctor. As we had guessed, he is just has colic. The cure.... waiting for him to grow out of it :( It is just so frustrating when he cries and cries, and we can't make him happy. Sometimes now, I can tell when he is just being fussy, and it is almost comical. We tell Gus that he is being like the boy who cried wolf! He does cry though every time that he has a dirty diaper, he hates being wet! Gus has definitely tried both of our patience. I am glad to have this experience though, because I am hoping someday I can help some other mom who has a very fussy baby.

When we do have time with Gus when he is awake and not crying, it is so much fun to watch his facial expressions! I cannot wait until he is happier, and we will have more times enjoying him :)

I have some issues with clothes since Gus was born. I only had about 4 shirts that fit besides my maternity ones. So, last weekend while we were in Dallas I went shopping!! I was so excited to shop :) I tried to not buy too many maternity clothes because I knew I wouldn't be wearing them very long. So, I had not really shopped much at all since last summer. I was able to find several things over the weekend. It made me feel so much better! Although they aren't the size I wore before Gus, I am just glad to have something to wear. And- all but one thing were on sale! (that always makes me very happy)

All my swelling finally went down in my legs and feet! It was a glorious day when I was able to put my foot into my shoes. It took about a month for the swelling to go away, so I was afraid it would never happy and I would need all new shoes.

I think the biggest adjustment with Gus has been the loss of my time with Josh in the evenings. Gus so far usually is crying and fussy in the evenings. So, we spend the evening taking turns trying to keep Gus happy. Even watching our usual TV shows is sometimes difficult because we have to pause the show all the time when Gus decides to be upset.

Over the last few weeks I can tell that Gus knows who I am. He will move his head so he can see me. It is so amazing to me. I just pray that I am and will be a good mommy to this precious little boy that has been given to me.

For all the moms who read this, I am thinking about getting a swing for Gus. Do any of you have one that you recommend?

1 comment:

  1. Catie,
    So good to read your update. So sorry to hear about Gus having colic. You guys will make it through. I'm sure that it seems his "growing out of it" will be forever, at times. Even though Naomi isn't that fussy, it is still an adjustment to have less and different time with your husband. Those little ones sure are big blessings though! Saying a prayer for you and your sweet family!

    Ande

    ReplyDelete