One of my favorite things to do is to cook for Josh. I am always trying to come up with new things to make for variety and new flavors. It seemed right after we got married that everything we ate had green chilies in it, so over the last few months we have tried to expand our tastes. Working only a couple of days a week has given me time to cook more and try new things. Josh does not like to eat sandwiches everyday for lunch, so I try to cook things he will enjoy as leftovers or make soups. One soup that we have really enjoyed is French Onion. Here is a link to the recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/french-onion-soup-recipe2/index.html
There are a few changes I made to it. I never have fresh thyme so I always just use dried. I have never put a bay leaf in it either. I don't buy Gruyere either because it is so expensive and unavailable in Muleshoe. :) It is very rich and so good. It is probably in my top 5 favorite soups. It is also good the next day as well.
I always enjoy reading my friends' blogs, so I am going to start keeping up with this better. I try new foods all the time too and will enjoy sharing them.
No comments:
Post a Comment